For job seekers looking to move today
More than finding a job, it's finding the one with the
greatest potential for you.
Some basic concepts apply at any stage of the job hunt—knowing what you want, presenting yourself in the best light, networking in the right places. Whether you’re making a late or mid-career change or just starting out, getting the fundamentals right is just the first step. Do that, and you’re the one in control of the situation, seeking out the positions that will lead to what you really want to do, from pure financial goals to the harder to quantify work/life issues behind what drives us all.
Here’s what we’ll do together, and some of the skills you’ll gain:
- Create a plan of attack and become laser-focused on what you will do going forward.
- Determine and highlight your strengths, and target the industries and positions for which you are best suited.
- Learn how to leverage opportunities throughout situations in your life, such as how you answer “What do you do?”
- Expand your network to include senior-level decision makers who will directly impact on your next position.
- Use templated emails customized for each opportunity to get you in front of the right people.
- Position you as an authority in your industry, leveraging your background and skill set to write and post online articles that highlight your expertise.
- Prepare more effectively for interviews and learn how to stand out from your competition.
- Follow-up with hiring managers at the right time, and in the best way, to become top of mind.
- Negotiate a compensation package that rewards you for your expertise and what you will be bringing to your new company for years to come.