Apply hard-won disciplines to business
Your athletic background—pro, Olympic, college, or organized at any level—is an advantage. Your mindset and dedication are the building blocks for your next brilliant career. Years of tackling opponents for a loss, breaking the tape ahead of the pack, and turning double plays means you have in you the foundation of my WIN AGAIN playbook. Working closely with you, I’ll help you understand that the special skills you possess are transferable from the sports world to the business world.
|Sports-related activity||Business-related skill|
|Perform in front of a crowd, give interviews, speak to the team||Presenting to senior management and co-workers; public and media relations|
|Absorb the playbook; implement new strategies||Fast learner; able to ramp up quickly|
|Motivate teammates||Strong manager; leadership ability|
|Take direction from coach||Act with full confidence in management|
|Perform under pressure, adapt to sudden play change||Meet tight deadlines; make decisions in real time; thrive in a fast-paced environment|
|Perform at 100% day and night||High performer; full commitment|
WIN AGAIN is a practical, step-by-step method for finding and landing your ideal job. You’ll become a five-tool networker and a first-string interviewer—the kind of candidate decision-makers recognize as exactly what they need. You’ll turn strangers into allies, connect with influencers, and chart a course not just for landing today’s dream job, but for a long and rewarding career.
I have 25 years of executive recruiting and coaching, and I will apply all that experience to the skills you developed during your athletic career. That’s an unbeatable combination.
Here are some of the things we will do together:
- Determine how your on-the-field strengths translate into business capabilities.
- Identify your best skill sets and determine the best industries and positions to go after.
- Learn how to leverage opportunities throughout situations in your life, such as how you answer “What do you do?”
- Expand your network to include senior-level decision makers who will directly impact your next position.
- Use templated emails customized for each opportunity to get in front of the right people.
- Position you as an authority figure, leveraging your sports background as a big advantage over non-athletes in a variety of positions and industries.
- Learn the best communication methods across all mediums.
- Learn interview preparation and performance methods that will make you stand out from your competition.
- Follow-up with hiring managers at the right time, and in the best way.
- Negotiate a compensation package that rewards you for what you will be bringing to your new company for years to come.